11.29.2008

A Little More than Turkey

Hey, everyone - hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did. I mean, to me, Thanksgiving means a break from my classes, the smell of food cooking, a day of smiling, the laughter from my friends, and the hovering love of my family. And who couldn’t enjoy all that brought together? Of course, Thanksgiving is more than just that – it’s a day to remember what we’re thankful for, a day to be joyful that we’re alive. So I was trying to think of what I’m most thankful for . . .

When I was very small, my older brother and sister told me one night that they would love me no matter what I did. I looked up worriedly – there was something wrong. “Even if I stole something?” I asked wide-eyed. “Even if you stole something,” my brother replied nodding. “What if I disobeyed Mommy and Daddy?” I had to make sure. “We’d still love you.” I continued, “Even if I murdered someone?” I had a hard time believing that. “Well, that would be a bad thing to do of course,” my brother said in the dim light, “but I’d still love you. No matter what you do,” he said quietly, “no matter what you do, we’ll love you.”

And that – that amazed me.

{would love to read your comment!}
{& thanks to my followers ;) }

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Love is pretty cool...

And thanks for the comment

jEeRo said...

gDa know u had a fun ThanksGiving Day..
well.. to have some-one loving u unconditional is the best thing that can happen..yup it def is..

PhilO♥ said...

Hi! Glad to know that you had a nice Thanksgiving ! :)
Love is amazing, it really is. It's like even though we do something wrong, the people who truly love us will surely shout at us, but will never stop loving us. Your brother and sister are very supportive, i must say!

Glass Mannequin said...

That's so cute! It's funny that disobeying your parents is one step worse than theft.

Thanksgiving... It's a time for me to get full, really. Beyond that, it's nice to see some of my extended family.

Nomand in No Man's Land said...

That was so sweet :) thank you for your post, im having a hard time figuring out the bloging world myself, so any support is much appreciated

Anonymous said...

thanksgiving is very special.

so is love. love lasts forever.

glad you had a happy thanksgiving.

keep making your wonderful posts!

-amy <3

Mac said...

Love is pretty amazingical and loving and cool. I like how u realize the importance of how it seems to appear, and I do like your blog. ^_^ ^_ _^ :) :D :=>

Kelvin Oliver said...

Everyone else said it, too... there is more than turkey; there is love. Love is important and that can come along with the turkey and being thankful.

Anonymous said...

I've left you a super special award on my blog so check it out!

Click Here!

-Amy <3

PhilO♥ said...

hi!
So glad you like my poem !! You're an awesome writer !! :) I love reading your comments !!

Savy said...

Hi, I found your blog through Amy :)

I love your posts and I really love the story you wrote. It's great.

Nice blog!

Sy said...

Love is a splendid thing! It's always good to see family coming together. Besides, love isn't all that complicated sometimes. That's why it's only four letters :)

? said...

Happy thanksgiving. Thanks for this post and the inspiration behind it..

Okie said...

That's an awesome conversation to remember. Unfortunately, my memories of my childhood have been sporadic at best lately (something I'm working on, but mostly I'm dealing with the swiss cheese of my past).

I hope that when my kids get older, they'll have memories like that to look back on.

Thanks for sharing.

Romans 12:2 said...

Happy givingthanks day. You have a nice brother and sister. - Bob

Bronte said...

oh thank you!

and aww very good post

how was your weekend?

sounds great though hehe

Bronte

Katie Alender said...

The older I get, the more I appreciate my siblings.

Happy belated Thanksgiving!